18 April 2012

After the Ship Sank...

Thank you all so much for your sweet comments on my Titanic soiree! Husband and I had a ball, and I was so excited to see our guests fully embrace the theme. Here come the photos!

A sneak peek of my ensemble for the evening... beads and fur!


Our front door welcoming our guests aboard as we embarked:

An oar and lifevest on the porch for later...several of our guests did arrive in life jackets!


More printables I created and framed throughout the house:

First class was upstairs... steerage was below decks in our wine cellar!

Hors d'oeuvres for our first class passengers. The signature cocktail was coined the "iceberg": champagne, grapefruit, and ice!

My captain and I awaiting our guests:

Snapping one last photo before embarking across the Atlantic!

26 guests in all, some of the outfits they arrived in included gorgeous gowns, extravagant hats, tuxedos and bow ties, steerage attire with newsboy caps, accessories of lifevests and Rose's famous whistle, and one couple even wrapped in bubble wrap as the iceberg. The movie soundtrack was playing all night, Titanic trivia was played, and we all blew out a candle at 11:43 when the ship hit. All in all, we had a fabulous evening!

Wish you all could have joined! XO

8 comments:

Life Through Preppy Glasses said...

this sounds like it was so fun!!

MHM1314 said...

How fun is this! Can't wait to see more pictures

Mrs. Kindergarten...aka...Madame Spoiled said...

I love every little thing! How swanky and fun. I need, I mean want an "iceberg" right now!

Love and Hugs,
Mrs. Kindergarten...aka...Madame Spoiled

nomo wino daph said...

How flippin cute y'all looked!!! What a fun time...wish I would have been there:)

Would you believe (((gasp))) I haven't ever seen the Titanic!!!

Happy Wednesday Chickie!!
XoXo

how i met your father blog said...

what a gorgeous party! you two are too cute!

Anastasia Schembri said...

What a fabulous party!! You must have had a marvellous time and you both look just gorgeous!! What a clever idea for a party theme!
More pics please, I can't get enough of this party!

Ruth said...

I am glad y'all had a wonderful time.

Glitterista said...

Wow, what a blast! You and your "Captain" look amazing. What a perfect ensemble. Love all of your printouts and trivia idea. :)