01 September 2011

Loving Ladurée


Bonjoir, madamoiselles! Husband and I are home from Paris, and my mind is still reeling with memories of the delicious dining, fabulous shopping, gorgeous architecture, incredible museums, and the pure romance of my favorite city. I have lots of photos to share, so I hope you enjoy dreaming of Par-ee as much as I do in many upcoming posts!


Let's begin with one of my favorite spots in the city, shall we? Husband and I brunched at Ladurée on Rue Royale enjoying pain au chocolat, capuccinos, and of course macaroons for dessert!


The window displays were pure perfection... so ladylike and Parisian, oui?


A little Ladurée history:
The history of Parisian tea salons is intimately tied to the history of the Ladurée family. It all began in 1862, when Louis Ernest Ladurée, a miller from France’s southwest, created a bakery at 16 rue Royale in Paris.

In 1871, the bakery transformed to a pastry shop. The decoration of the pastry shop was entrusted to Jules Cheret, a famous turn-of-the-century painter and poster artist who sought inspiration from the Sistine Chapel and the Garnier Opera.

It was Ernest Ladurée’s wife, Jeanne Souchard, who had the idea of mixing styles: the Parisian café and pastry shop gave birth to one of the first tea salons in town catering to the chic Parisian high society.  


You can read the rest of the story and about those famous macaroon here.


After swooning over the lovely window displays and snapping one last photo in front, it was time to indulge!


Isn't the china precious? And don't get me started on how delicious those capuccinos and pastries were... le sigh.


Pink and green macaroon trees! How perfect would those have been for our wedding???


Moving on to dessert with raspberry, lemon, and chocolate macaroons... heavenly.


Oh how I wish this were not blurry! So pretty in pink and green!


Au revoir, Ladurée! One last view of the tea room...


I couldn't resist one last Ladurée photo on the Champs Elysees after dinner! Tee hee.
Merci beaucoup again to all the lovely ladies who sent such sweet wishes to us on our anniversary and for all the recommendations!

Bisou, bisou!

7 comments:

Kori said...

Awww such gorgeous photos honey! Hope you're well, I've been swamped~ Have a great night! Kori xoxo

www.blondeepisodes.com
www.koridonahue.com

TexanCouture said...

Love the photos. Your dresses are too cute and the macaroons are to die for!!!

erica said...

absolutely gorgeous photos. Not only would I love to visit Paris Ladurée would definitely be a must visit place!

xo

Glitterista said...

I was eagerly awaiting your first Paris post with bated breath, and this one exceeded all of my expectations! Macarons, gorgeous china, and you looking oh-so happy and gorgeous! That gold dress is absolutely killer with your Kate Spade shoes. Looking forward to hearing so much more about your trip. ;)

Black is the New Black said...

<3 Laudree - can't wait for your Paris recaps!

Unknown said...

wow! i am dying to go there :)

Cool Gal said...

Oh, wow! How completely and utterly FABULOUS! Those macaroons look so delicious, I wish I could jump through the screen and have me a bite! :) Hehe...

You look absolutely adorable. So chic.

Love your LV bag, too.