11 August 2010

Weekend in Pictures

Good morning, sunshines! Just wanted to quickly stop in to share those pictures from the weekend, as promised. My camera battery sadly died on Saturday, so there are fewer than I would have wished, but here they are! Wishing I were back there again instead of working on a Wednesday...
Stop 1: Quicks Hole for a cheese and cracker picnic en route to Martha's Vineyard. Here is our Finch Hatton from our view on the beach!  
We made it to the Vineyard! The darling ginger bread houses I told you about in Oak Bluffs... this one was pink and green so I HAD to snap a picture for you ladies!
Aren't they a-dorable?
The view from our park bench in the square... water fountains, gazebo, ginger bread houses, and a view of the ocean (to the left... use your imagination!).
Edgartown Harbor. Edgartown is my absolute favorite town on the Vineyard... the gorgeous homes, old architecture, quaint streets, and amazing shops are to die.
Ernie Boch, Jr.'s Edgartown estate... are you in L-O-V-E?
The sun setting on a beautiful day.
Other stops that my camera didn't capture included: Menemsha, Vineyard Haven, Chappaquiddick, and Nantucket... a summer New England paradise. What a fabulous weekend with fabulous friends!
Still sending lots of love and prayers for the darling Bumpkin. Can't you just picture her on that swing? 

Hope you all have a lovely day! XO

7 comments:

the pink prep said...

fabulous pictures of one of my FAVORITE places!
ahhh, i wish i was there now...

and yes, hugs and thoughts to bumpkins family.
gone WAY too soon, and oh-so-fast. ;-(

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL pictures! Looks like an amazing trip!

Same Sweet Girl: Memoir of a Southern Belle said...

Ooooh beautiful pictures!!! I'm so glad you had a great time! :)

Glitterista said...

What a wonderful trip! I love the gingerbread houses! :)

Sweet Southern Prep said...

Love all of these photos! I want to be there right now! :)

Val said...

Great pictures!!! I miss New England!

Lindsay said...

That's Ernie Boch Jr's house?! I always love that house when I go to the Vineyard...