19 April 2010

Playing Catch Up

It was such a busy weekend, so we have lots of catching up to do! Here is what Pink Champagne has been up to for the past few days:
-Thursday night after work I met one of my dear friends for dinner that I have not seen in almost two years - how time flies! She recently moved back from NYC, and it was so fantastic to see her again and catch up on our lives. Dinner, dessert, and the wine were delish! Aren't old friends the best?
-Friday after work, my mother and I went for a makeup consulation at the salonspa where I get my hair done (one of her pre-wedding presents to me). Such fun experimenting with different colors and getting some professional tips!  Aaaaand I booked a pre-wedding facial while we were there - more pampering to look forward to. *Big smile*
-Saturday was my bff and maid of honor's (who is also getting married this summer - beyond thrilled!) bridal shower. The day went perfectly, the bride-to-be looked beautiful, and it was a lovely day of catching up with so many girls that I wish I could see more often. Bonus: the girls stayed in town for the night, so we met later in the night for wine and dessert. LOVE nights like this with Fiancé and the bffs.
-Sunday began with crepes at our favorite spot and a long walk on the beach searching for seaglass. This has become part of Fiancé's and my weekend routine, and I treasure these lazy days spent with my love. We found some gorgeous lavender pieces (super-rare) and a whole bottle (no message inside) washed up on the beach. The afternoon was time to get to work doing some projects on what will be our newlywed home. Father and Fiancé did the crown molding around the chimney and painted in what will be our master bedroom, while I painted the front door french blue. Yes, I painted (pat self on back) and I still have the blue spots on my pink fingernails (MUST touch up tonight) to prove it!  Pictures to come once the finished product makes its debut... pinky promise.
-Wedding updates: hair, makeup, and our videographer are booked! Three things crossed off the list make me one very happy bride-to-be. Invitations, menus, table names, programs, and place settings are next on the list. Three cheers for paper products!

Hope you all had a lovely weekend too and your Monday is treating you just as well!

8 comments:

Same Sweet Girl: Memoir of a Southern Belle said...

Wow you have been a busy girl!! Sounds like a great time and congrats on getting those things checked off your list! I can't wait to hear about the menu items you choose!! :)

mFw said...

Sounds like a great weekend!

Mrs. Wedding Crasher said...

Sounds like an amazing weekend :)

Ali said...

sounds so fun! I also treasure laxy weekends with my fiance, they make up for long and stressful weeks! the seaglass project sounds so great cant wait to see the finished product!

Trish {Pink Preppy Lilly Lover} said...

You've been a busy little pink bee haven't you missy?! SO glad you're getting things crossed off your list, isn't it FUN?! I am loving your seaglass project, that is seriously adorable :) XOXOXOO

If you have any questions about invitations and menus, let me know I am pretty good in those areas :) Sending you a big smooch, I'll be in Chicago all week for work, hope I can find some time to keep in touch with you!Email me if you need anything!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have been very busy. That's the best way to spend a weekend in my opinion. I'm just a tiny bit jealous that you have a newlywed house, but I can't wait to see the pictures once it's all finished!

Marilyn *Pink Martinis and Pearls* said...

A wonderful weekend. You have so many wonderful times ahead of you. Love the idea of a painted door. Mine is red. Have a lovely week. :) xoxo

Sweet Southern Prep said...

Wow, you were busy! Glad you got so much accomplished! So nice to check things off the list, isn't it! Hope you have a great week!