26 January 2010

"I'm just CRAZY about Tiffany's!"

I adore Breakfast at Tiffany's. The old-fashioned glamour, the streets of New York City, Audrey Hepburn, the jewelry, the fashion... sigh. I believe it was this movie that defined Audrey Hepburn as a style icon - she exudes such elegance throughout the entire movie which carried over into her true-life demeanor. Reading Audrey's letter to Tiffany's (which she wrote for a book celebrating Tiffany's 150th anniversary) confirms her grace and charm are indeniable. I cannot find a copy of the letter online, but you simply MUST hear it on the Anniversary Edition of the movie. Enjoy the pure eye-candy to follow.
This picture hangs on my wall in my cube... the dress, the diamonds, pure perfection. It also happened to be my Halloween costume this year.
Who could possibly look so chic while asleep?
Playing party hostess. I hope to have a coctail party reminiscient of this before moving out of my single-girl apartment and getting married.
Shopping at the one and only Tiffany & Co. To die. Fiancé and I sipped coffee while browsing the cases at Tiffany's once... is this the same thing?
Large-brimmed hat, statement earrings, LBD, and sunglasses - tres glamorous.

Pink and diamonds - possibly the most perfect duo in the world.

"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone." - Audrey Hepburn

mJa

3 comments:

alanna said...

1) i just realized how cute the pink and green of your blog is (like the font colors) - great job picking them out, i can never get colors i love!
2) it sure helps that she's sooo cute and thin, doesn't it? lol makes me jealous, but she sure looks beautiful :)

alanna said...

i looove the color scheme of your posts - i didn't realize what a great job you did picking complementary font colors until just now! and audrey hepburn has a really cute nose, haha...i never noticed before!

Lulu said...

... and I'm just craaazy about this post! Absolutely loving your blog, it's being filed in my 'Must Reads' Google Reader folder right now ;) Thanks so much for the sweet e-mail, will be writing you back as soon as I can find a few free minutes! Welcome to blog land, lovely!
xoxo,
Lulu